[ale] [OT] ping

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Jul 19 07:24:16 EDT 2010

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Björn Gustafsson wrote:

> Missing the OT posts, Aaron?
>
> On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 10:30 PM, m-aaron-r <aaron at pd.org> wrote:
>> ECHO ... ECHo ... ECho ... Echo ... echo ...
>
> Speaking of ping, what's your preferred network testing tool?  Surely
> mtr is more widely used on Linux nowadays than just ping.

Been a fan of 'mtr' for a LONG time. It's amazing how many network admin
types I run into don't know about it or it's windows equiv.

http://winmtr.sourceforge.net/

It's often one of the first Linux-ish tools I get in the hands of a
Windows user, leading them down that slippery slope to penguinistahood.