[ale] I need a crash course on cameras

jrtroberts jrtroberts at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 17:46:54 EDT 2010

I am planning a network upgrade at my father's house.  I have talked to
him about using LMCE to manage the media streaming, surveillance
cameras, and what ever else he wants to add later.  We live on a large
lot,13 acres.  My father would like to get a camera for a future gate at
the end of the driveway, which is around 800-900 feet from the house.
He also want to put cameras in the barn in each stall and maybe one
looking out into each pasture.

As a toy he would like a camera to put in the koi pond that is remote
control.

Currently LMCE only supports single frame capture.  So I don't need
anything fancy, black and white would probably work, or some low end
color units.  I don't know what his price cap is, but I doubt he will
want to spend more than 50-100 bucks per camera.

Can anyone give me some pointers on what to look for when shopping for
cameras?

Thanks

Joshua.