[ale] poll: WRT54G 3rd-party firmware for wireless bridge

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Mon Jul 12 21:58:27 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net> wrote:
> I saw a DD-WRT page that was intimidatingly full of gotchas for doing
> what I want to do, but Brian's very specific steps give me enough
> confidence to try that.

Hey hey!  It is via cat 6 to DD-WRT LAN port to wireless to Airport
Extreme to cable modem to comcast to y'all that I report success in
using Brian's steps.  :)

And DD-WRT is very nice.  I hope this keeps working.  Brian, if you
haven't already, please consider putting these steps on the web.  The
info on the DD-WRT site is overwhelming.

By the way, I used the 30-30-30 hard reset only after flashing the
DD-WRT firmware using the Tomato GUI.  Was that as rash as the
"peacock thread" makes it sound?  Also, I used the 12548 firmware
build instead of 13064, because the peacock thread told me to.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/