[ale] NetMan Question

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Fri Jul 2 23:12:08 EDT 2010

Greetings all...

Here's a simple question for those in the know...I could go digging for
this but thought I'd hit the list for soots-n-grins...

I was helping my dad with a tech issue on his Fedora 12 Gateway laptop
(no dual-boot).  He said he had lost the Network Manager applet on the
main panel.  Some digging revealed that the wireless NIC was disabled
but even with his configs entered in Network Connections (and a reboot)
he didn't get Net Man back.  Not knowing how to get it "back" I
suggested that he create a new user and go from there.  This wasn't a
bad choice for him as he didn't have anything important in that old user
anyway and it solved his problem -- but still...I'd like to know how to
get Net Man "back".

The learning curve continues...thanks in advance all!