[ale] SATA Hard Drive Issues?

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Wed Jan 27 17:12:18 EST 2010

Actually it happened under warranty and at Sun's suggestion.  Of course
we were a major multinational and had installed the Sun solution as a
middle ground test for long term solution so Sun might have been
treating us better than they would have otherwise.

Unfortunately for Sun (and me) the company went with an IBM mainframe
solution for DB which meant they didn't really need many UNIX Admins for
the few AIX front end servers they were going to have.   The funny thing
is I get a headhunter email at least once a month saying my skill set
would fit well with the company's then current job opening.

By the way speaking of Sun - Last week the EU cleared the Oracle
acquisition and today Oracle announced they had completed the
acquisition.