[ale] external hard drive

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Jan 27 11:56:05 EST 2010

On 01/27/2010 11:50 AM, Robert Coggins wrote:
> Do macs work with NTFS?  If not am I safe to assume there is a mac port
> of FUSE?

There is a port of FUSE to OS X, so in theory NTFS-3G should also work
on it.

Of course, Mac OS X can also speak UDF.  UDF might indeed be the way to
go for truly portable data.  Of course, as I mentioned earlier, I am not
entirely certain whether or not Windows has some artificial restriction
that prevents it from using UDF on non-optical media.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                    Blog: http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Tel: (404) 592-5746 x1                            Email: mike at trausch.us