[ale] external hard drive

scott scott at sboss.net
Wed Jan 27 10:16:41 EST 2010

from someone that does storage (think disk drives) for a living..
1) disks fail.  not if, but when.
2) if you can hear disks making sounds, it is time to replace them.
  a) if the disk is relatively new, have the manufacture replace the
drive.  they have built that cost into the purchase price.
3) backup all important data.

at some point aaron will have me do my preso on storage.. I just have
to finish writing it up...

scott