[ale] external hard drive

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Jan 27 08:21:54 EST 2010

So, I picked up a 1.5 tb external drive.  I pushed a bunch of data off
to it all went well.  Later, I connect the drive up to a couple of
different boxes.  Each time, the drive is giving that really scary
clicking sound you dread.  I can access the data fine, I don't see any
errors being produced.  This thing is brand new, what is with this?  Any
reason anyone can come up with why this drive would be making these noises?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson