[ale] netbooks - what is good with Linux?

Benjie benjie.godfrey at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 22:48:04 EST 2010

Dave, I have an Acer D250 running Ubuntu Netbook remix ( I like the
remix interface better than stock Gnome.)  I am happy with everything
but the keyboard, but that seems to be a universal netbook issue ;-)
I get about 2.5 hours to a charge on the stock 3-cell battery.  Its
been good for traveling, Starbucks, etc.  I get decent mp3 playback
with headphones, skype is working for me.  There are some threads
about the microphone not working, but I haven't had any issues.  Nice
size display too.