[ale] VPS providers

David Tomaschik david at tuxteam.com
Thu Jan 21 22:02:07 EST 2010

James Sumners wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Linode (linode.com)?
>
> I'm looking to move away from shared hosting. I narrowed my selection
> of VPS providers to Media Temple (mediatemple.com), Slice Host
> (slicehost.com), and Linode. Media Temple is expensive, so I'm
> considering the other two first. Of those, I've read that Slice Host
> is experiencing problems.
>
> Before I commit, I figured I would find out if anyone here has any
> experience with them.
>
> Thanks.

I cannot say enough good things about Linode.  I have used VPSLink,
SliceHost, and Linode, and Linode is by far the best.  Their VPSs are
extremely responsive and I have had minimal downtime (probably <1 hour
total in the year I've been on there).  Additionally, Linode's customer
service is excellent.  I've contacted them on an occasion or two and had
extremely rapid responses.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE
Moderator, LinuxQuestions.org