[ale] CentOS 5.4 x86_64 and hplip-3.9.12

gene.poole at macys.com gene.poole at macys.com
Wed Jan 6 12:32:49 EST 2010

I recently purchased a HP Officejet Pro 8500 (A909a) and it's ethernet
attached.  It's been configured and works perfectly from WinXP, Win Vista,
Windows 7, and Fedora 11 x86_64. However, on my machine running CentOS 5.4
x86_64 I can't get the configuration to work so that it prints duplex
(2-sided).  The HP Setup appears to be working from the command line, but
the graphic portion doesn't appear to work. Any ideas?

TIA,
Gene Poole