[ale] clearing out root's mail

scott mcbrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 10:58:49 EST 2010

If you're not interested in saving the e-mail, cat /dev/null >
/var/spool/mail/root

I know a bunch of people are going to flame me for that, but if root's
e-mail is that cumbersome, then it's not getting read anyway.  You
might consider cutting down on the verbosity or amount of the e-mail
being generated, or send it to someone other than root by putting in a
mail alias, so that at least someone looks at it.

-Scott