[ale] wireless sanity/security check

Mark Wright m.perry.wright at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 20:14:47 EST 2010

I am using a MAC address access list in my router to secure my home
network.  I know that you can sniff then spoof  a MAC address but is
seems a little overkill to worry about that out here in suburbia.
Especially given no teenagers living within several blocks.

I have advised two friends to do the same as their WPA setups quit
working or have been uncooperative to additions.

Do any of you security experts consider this particularly bad advise
to give out?  Should I help them get WPA working?  After having
played with some of the tools for sniffing and cracking strong
passwords I am wondering if it is worth the extra effort.

Mark Wright
m.perry.wright at gmail.com