[ale] [AD] Splunk Live Atlanta on March 11 - ALE!

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:18:19 EST 2010

This notice is for a free seminar for commercial
software so I marked it as [AD].  However, the
product is directly relevant to Linux IT work AND
there are free versions of the product available
for personal use, so I felt it was OK to post here
after a comprehensive conversation with a rep
from SPLUNK.

I also know that one of their major customers is
COX communications, and at least one of our
active ALE associates is employed by COX.

All that, and the name is funky, too.

SPLUNK
So who are we?

Splunk is IT search – a “Google for the Datacenter.”
The tool collects in one central place all the IT data from
any and all servers, apps and network devices, regardless
of format, and lets IT Admins search across of them in
real time. You can also build reports, set alerts and
correlate issues across many systems. Server Operations
Security and Application Troubleshooting are all areas
where Splunk helps. A version of the software is available
for FREE download.

The event is on March 11 and we’re having local customers
Cox Communication and AJC Newspaper speak about their
use of splunk in Ops and Security.  Other local customers who
spoke at previous Splunk Lives have included FNIS and
Macy’s.  There will be a product demo and a training session
in the afternoon as well and Q&A with our product developers.

The signup and details link is below,.

Meet Atlanta area splunk users and experts on March 11
FREE event at the W Hotel - Perimeter Mall
Signup: http://www.splunk.com/goto/SplunkLive_Atlanta

Agenda:

Thursday, March 11, 2010

8:30am to 9:00am - Registration
9:00am to 12:00pm - Splunk Live!
12:00pm to 1:00pm - Lunch
1:00pm to 3:00pm - Optional Technical Workshop

- Filip
Meet splunk users and experts on March 11
FREE event at the W Hotel - Perimeter Mall
http://www.splunk.com/goto/SplunkLive_Atlanta

Regards,
Filip Morovich
Desk: 415-848-8486