[ale] Home Data Server Project

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 05:02:46 EST 2010

Hi Fellas,

We're finally making some moves into getting a data server setup at home. I
think I'm a little intimidated by it. I've built computers before and setup
peer-to-peer networks (with Windows machines). I'm going to do it with
CentOS, because I'm a Red Hat fanboy.  Any tips for me?

Here's what we plan to do with the data server:

   - Terabytes of information
      - Wife's a 2d/3d artist
      - Security camera footage
      - HTPC content
   - 2 storage partitions
      - NTFS for the wife
      - EXT3 for me and EVERYTHING ELSE

We plan to store the server in the attic so it'll be connected wirelessly. I
plan to get an 802.11n setup. Thanks.

--
Marc Ferguson

Registered User #410978
www.fergytech.com | www.digitalalias.net

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"