[ale] marietta ale meetings?

m-aaron-r aaron at pd.org
Sun Feb 14 03:45:59 EST 2010

On 2010/02/13, at 21:05 , john anderson wrote:

> I wonder if it needs to be in the same format as the central meeting.

I'm hoping the Neo NorthWest meeting will seek it's own form and
format. A different day of the week, a different week of the month and
a different format would all make the meeting more available, useful
and interesting to a broader cross section of ALE associates. I'd
like the NNW to be seen as an ADDED meeting option, rather than
an ALTERNATIVE meeting option.

> It would be nice if occasionally instead of a speaker we had a
> workshop
> of some sort where everyone could bring a laptop and
> install/configure/play with something.

When Jerald was able to host the NW mtg. at the Weatherchannel,
it seemed the tone of the content and the demographics of the crowd
leaned toward in the trenches, high end admin interests.  I would be
nothing short of thrilled to see the NW meeting become focused
on addressing the needs of the gray beards and hard core admins
so I could start using the Central meeting to better address new user
outreach, nooB concerns, desktop training and topical workshops
as suggested above.

Again, anything I can do to help facilitate a revived NW meeting
I'll be happy to do!

peace
aaron