[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Feb 11 14:06:54 EST 2010

drifter wrote:
> Geoffrey,
>

> Also remember that only in this country are 3 liter and larger engines
> the norm for cars. Anything larger than 2.5 liters is considered a
> LARGE engine everywhere else. And taxed accordingly. Gas taxes
> are another reason that small cars are the norm for much of the
> industrialized world; in England last summer gas was selling for
> roughly $3.20 a liter, given the then current exchange rate.
>
> Sean

I'm going to have to take exception here.  Last year the price of petrol
in the UK peaked at about 90p per liter.  The exchange rate was in the
neighborhood of $1.50/£.  That works out to $1.35 per liter, which is
just over $5 per gallon.
(http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/petrolprices.html) I visited other sites
with similar data.  That one just has the best presentation.

Jim.