[ale] unusual global warming experiment

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Thu Feb 11 12:30:43 EST 2010

A long time ago, (11.02.10), in a galaxy far, far away, Greg Freemyer wrote:

:=fyi: I assume we all know the Himalayan Glaciers melting by 2035
:=statement was not based on science at all.

Well, technically it was based on popular science, but not rigorous science
(it appeared in an article in the magazine New Scientist, not in a
peer-reviewed science journal).

But Himalayan glacial loss has absolutely been observed in recent decades.
The primary cause for glacial loss is "black carbon", particulate matter
from cooking fires, coal-fired plants, etc.[1]  Fortunately black carbon
doesn't stay in the atmosphere nearly as long as CO2.

[1] http://www.atmos-chem-phys-discuss.net/9/26593/2009/acpd-9-26593-2009.html

--
Dylan Northrup - docx at io.com - http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's