[ale] unusual global warming experiment

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Feb 11 10:58:10 EST 2010

On 2/11/2010 8:37 AM, Preston Boyington wrote:
> Jim Kinney wrote:

> so people living in Douglasville that work in Austell would have to
> effectively pay for rail they both don't need and would not use?

You don't think people in Douglasville would benefit from an overall
increase in the quality of life in the ATL metro area?  Less-crowded
roads (whether they're using them to commute or just to play), less
pollution, more greenspace?

Do you also think that it's unfair to fund education from the general
pool of property taxes -- that parents should pay directly for their
own kids' education, because obviously educating kids benefits no one
but the kids?  I guess we should all be responsible for our own
fire-management too -- I've never used the fire department, why
should I have to pay for it? </snark>

The no-government-no-taxes folks should try living in my close neighbor
city, Cd Juarez Chihuahua, for a taste of what it's like when government
services are slim to non-existent; and those that exist, endemically
corrupted by free-market forces.  It is not at all a nice place.

-- JK

--
We Americans are a freedom-loving people, and nothing says "freedom"
like Getting Away With It. -- Guy Forsyth, "Long Long Time"