[ale] xscreensaver problem

Avery Ceo avery.ceo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:19:18 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com>wrote:

> Avery Ceo wrote:
> > Less likely, but if the system is using Kerberos authentication check
> > your PAM configuration.  If your display manager knows to authenticate
> > with Kerberos but xscreensaver doesn't, I've seen this happen after the
> > initial ticket expires.
>
> Love to check that out, pointers as to where to look?

/etc/pam.d, but from there it can be fairly convoluted and distro-specific.

Run something like "grep pam_krb5.so *".  On Ubuntu, the entries should be
in common-foo (account, auth, session, and password for me).  On Redhat and
variants, they should be in system-auth.  Your red flag is if they aren't
there, but show up in files named "login", "entrance", "xdm", etc.