[ale] kde and tv resolution help needed

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 14:06:20 EST 2010

I don't know if you should or shouldn't copy my Xorg settings. I
provided them as an example of something that works.

Any decent television will have a manual, be it printed or PDF, that
tells you the refresh rates. Just look in your manual for this
information.

If you really want to know about my configuration, take a look at my
xinitrc[1]. It will tell you everything you need to know about the X
environment I run. Also, you can look at my full Xorg config file that
I am currently using at [2]. Really, I should migrate some settings
from [3] into it because my MythTV box is no longer connected directly
to my TV (finally got sound to work over HDMI). But [2] is working
just fine. The exact video card I used is [4].

I don't use *buntu anything. I run Arch Linux (x64), up-to-date as of
last Saturday. So can't really give you any information specific to
your distribution.

[1] -- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1038672/mythtv/.xinitrc
[2] -- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1038672/mythtv/xorg.conf.samsung
[3] -- http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1038672/mythtv/xorg.conf.nvidia-sony.hdmi