[ale] Fw: VirtualBox

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Thu Dec 16 19:20:55 EST 2010

On 12/15/2010 11:55 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Yeah, I know about that product; I currently use Vmware-Server.
> Unfortunately it's been EOL'ed by vmware and there isn't a replacement,
> so basically I'm looking for something to migrate to.  And no, moving to
> ESXi isn't an option.
>
> This is why I'm seriously considering KVM, as it wont "go away" anytime
> soon..  But I don't know if it has the level of remote management that I
> need.

Are virsh for command-line access and virt-manager for GUI access not
good enough? Frankly I think they're much better than vmware server's
flakey web interface and shoddy scripting support. See parts 30 and 31 of

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization/index.html

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts