[ale] Fw: VirtualBox

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 15 11:55:28 EST 2010

Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

> On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 11:35 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Have you found or do you know of a good Web-based interface to
>> manage/access KVM?
>
> I use Vmware Server.  It has a web-based interface.  I can't say it is
> good but it seems to "work".   I think the main problem with it is the
> heavy AJAX usage.  Heavy is an understatement.

Yeah, I know about that product; I currently use Vmware-Server.
Unfortunately it's been EOL'ed by vmware and there isn't a replacement,
so basically I'm looking for something to migrate to.  And no, moving to
ESXi isn't an option.

This is why I'm seriously considering KVM, as it wont "go away" anytime
soon..  But I don't know if it has the level of remote management that I
need.

-derek