[ale] this week's WTF

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 17:50:14 EST 2010

If you just want to get the thing printed and don't need to
resolve the underlying file issue, you might try export as
PDF and print that.

I just had a document sent to me with a .doc extension that was
actually a .docx and OOo (neooffice) wouldn't load it and came
up asking me to manually selected an import filter.   Fixing the
extension to docx resolved the issue.

peace
aaron