[ale] Netflix on Linux

Mon Dec 6 14:42:29 EST 2010

Sounds like you are doing this at home. Based on your description, I
would suggest modifying your routing table to allow your MSFT boxen to
access the internet THROUGH one of your Linux boxen. That solves the
"no internet facing MSFT boxen" requirement. As for running Netflix
on/within Linux... not today. Hopefully soon.

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Richard Faulkner <rfaulkner at 34thprs.org> wrote:
> Happy Holidays all.....
>
> I'm curious to know if any of you who do Netflix and stream most of your
> content have found a work-around for the M$/Silverlight requirement.  I know
> that Netflix requires Mac or Microsoft and doesn't like Chrome in the least
> little bit.  I've been wondering if Netflix could be spoofed into running on
> a virtual machine.
>
> Since we've moved from Internet facing machines running Windows to Fedora
> and Ubuntu we're "fat-n-happy" but we do want to stream Netflix but don't
> want Internet facing systems running M$.  Right now that sticks us with
> watching Netflix only on our one XP laptop or on our Blue-Ray player.  My
> last call to Netflix tech support ended with them saying to install O$ X or
> Window$.  : (
>
> I'm sorry Dave...I'm afraid I can't do that...

.!# RichardBronosky #!.