[ale] Netflix on Linux

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Mon Dec 6 14:13:24 EST 2010

Happy Holidays all.....

I'm curious to know if any of you who do Netflix and stream most of your
content have found a work-around for the M$/Silverlight requirement.  I
know that Netflix requires Mac or Microsoft and doesn't like Chrome in
the least little bit.  I've been wondering if Netflix could be spoofed
into running on a virtual machine.

Since we've moved from Internet facing machines running Windows to
Fedora and Ubuntu we're "fat-n-happy" but we do want to stream Netflix
but don't want Internet facing systems running M$.  Right now that
sticks us with watching Netflix only on our one XP laptop or on our
Blue-Ray player.  My last call to Netflix tech support ended with them
saying to install O$ X or Window$.  : (

I'm sorry Dave...I'm afraid I can't do that...