[ale] enterprise rhel/centos management

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 11:55:48 EDT 2010

As Chuck points out, postgres is not working as a backend database for Spacewalk.  Additionally, while Oracle Express is free (but not open), if you look at the EULA there are limitations on how it can be used and it is gimped on how many transactions it can service.  With 100 machines you'll likely run into the gimpage.  The guys I've talked to in the spacewalk project suggest a 20'ish system limit, but that can be impacted by what features you're using, how often the clients call in, and what they're doing when they call in.  I was told that more than 50 registered active systems was unrealistic for using Oracle Express.

-Scott