[ale] Android Tablets

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 10:46:39 EDT 2010

Again, I really think this is a misapplication of the device.

If you look at your phone and hold it up in front of you, that makes perfect
sense in form-factor as a camera.  Not so much a moleskine or book-sized
device.  Based on what I've seen in the past out of the Apple engineers, if
you do get a camera on this thing, I fully expect it to be front-facing, and
not for taking pictures.

I may be wrong on that one, but I haven't missed an Apple prediction in the
last 5 years.

Again, photography would be considered content creation whereas video-chat
is more consumption than creation.  As it stands right now, I think that the
masses would have to yell for a "take a photograph" sort of camera with the
same fervor they did for third-party apps which resulted in the App store.
 I'm not saying Apple had no plans for the App store ahead of time, I'm just
saying people screamed for it much earlier than I think anyone ever expected
them to.

As for the network:  Get the $499 iPad (or the largest non-3G if you need
storage) and use a Verizon Mifi with it.  There are even iPad cases made
with Mifi pockets in them!

64G?  I'm not sure that'll happen soon, but you may be right... I could see
that happening unless the "iTunes in a cloud" rumor going around comes to
fruition.  If that happens, your storage issues go away.  I use DropBox.com
for all my large-stuff storage, and can reach and bring up any document I
currently have stored there or on my iDisk at Mobile Me.  Storage being an
issue?  I give it about a 40% chance of being an issue for you within the
next 12 months.

---
Jerald M. Sheets jr.