[ale] Thunderbird won't display email

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 09:30:33 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Paul Cartwright <ale at pcartwright.com> wrote:

> On Sat July 31 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
> >  did you delete ALL the .msf files??
> >

> > Yep. All it did was download over 80000 messages from my gmail accountand
> > create new index files.
>

> so, what messages are you missing? what kind of account? mbox folder?
> maildir
> folder? IMAP main folder?
>
> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Registered Ubuntu User #12459
> http://usdebtclock.org/

Everything. I am able to list the messages and scroll through each folder,
but when I select a message the message view pane is blank. It doesn't even
show header info or option buttons. It doesn't matter on the age of the
message, I can go back to 2007 and select a message from there and get the
same results. As far as folder types, it involves all, local, and imap. I
even tried archiving all my ale messages from 2007 which took about 1 hour
Sat. evening, and today still no joy. Is it possible 1 bad message could be
causing this. It was fine the night before this started, I did allow several
updates before shutting down, but the updates shouldn't have had any impact
on Thunderbird I don't think. Although I usually reboot and start up at
least FF, Thunderbird, GnuCash, & OOo Calc, to verify that all is well, I
didn't this time though, so I'm beginning to think that maybe the updates
did break something even though they shouldn't have had anything to do with
Thunderbird I don't think.