[ale] SCO boot.

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Mon Sep 28 13:30:53 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 10:15 -0700, Boris Borisov wrote:
> http://boot.kernel.org
>
> I have read for this yesterday ! Don't know how much hardware needs.
> Good luck.

If there is a driver for the network card that is in the system, it'd
work.  It's not a bad idea.

I do know of at least one machine that gPXE (the network boot loader
that is used for boot.kernel.org) does not work on (that would be mine).
I'm working on that at the moment, actually.  First time I've attempted
to do anything with x86 assembly in 10 years.  *shudder*

Probably not a bad idea, if there is a distribution there that will boot
into a simple VT-based setup without a desktop environment and not try
to automatically mount everything in the system and it will work on the
OP's target system.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo