[ale] For any one looking for a job

Robbie Honerkamp robbie at shorty.com
Tue Sep 22 17:18:30 EDT 2009

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> Otherwise, it still feels to me a bit like I'm jumping into an unknown
> which could very well be a frying pan that I'd like to avoid altogether.
> It's silly to me to make a commitment only to learn something that would
> have prevented me from making the commitment in the first place.

In my experience, any halfway decent recruiter will tell you who the
client is once you express interest in the position. You can then tell
them not to submit your resume to the company if you're not interested
for whatever reason. Any recruiter who refuses to tell you the company
they're submitting you to is a recruiter you should stop working with.
Their reasons for not telling you their client name initially (so that
you don't run off and apply directly to them) are much weaker than your
need to know the name of the company before you're submitted (perhaps
you've already applied for the position?).

Robbie