[ale] ["Topic"? I don't think it means what you think it means] Re: Incompetent corporate web sites

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:48:14 EDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:25 PM, William Fragakis <william at fragakis.com> wrote:

> Politicians can only be "bought" when we ratify that purchase with our
> own vote. Elections can only be rigged when we acquiesce in the result.

And the lobbyist are paid with the money we give to the controlling
interests by way of our purchasing the products and services they
offer.

So if someone doesn't like what's going on they need to vote at the
polls, write ON PAPER to their congress critter and never spend money
with companies and organizations who lobby for opposing causes.

I still like the voting process whereby each office candidate is
ranked in order of preference.  A candidate with a 50% +1 count of
"first choice" clearly wins. If no clear winner then add in the second
choice votes, etc. I sort of like the "not this person" choice which
acts like a -1 vote. I haven't thought that process out fully.

James P. Kinney III