[ale] Hulu may charge for content starting in 2010

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Fri Oct 23 10:24:01 EDT 2009

FTA:
"Are we looking at it with a view of adding subscription services in
there and pay-per-view movies? Yes, we are looking at that. No decision
has been taken yet," Murdoch said.

News Corp. spokesman Jack Horner said Hulu believes that a free online
video site supported by ads is still the model that will "resonate most"
with its largest group of users.

Because they want to charge for access doesn't mean a) they will, b)
people will pay (what happened to all those online mags that were going
to charge gobs for subscriptions?) or c)  content won't get accessed via
P2P.

Regards,
William