[ale] Ubuntu Linux ROCKS! (The Saga of Miss W)

wylde bill durtybill at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 01:50:09 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 11:52 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Sooo.... Ubuntu works on old equipment.  That's old news.   It should
> work better, out of the box, with new hardware (which is what college
> kids are more likely to try it on).

It has done so consistently for me to date.  I'm running it on a
dual-core AMD64 machine (with a relatively new nforce chipset onboard,
an nvidia epci Gforce 7x installed, and with a Creative Labs audigy
soundcard) on the machine I'm typing this on.  All my other installs for
myself and others have been on brand new machines, both laptops,
netbooks, and desktops with equally satisfying results.

--
Would you want CONGRESS directing the LINUX collective?