[ale] [OT] Update on the VoterGA Voting Rights Law Suit

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sun Oct 18 11:10:15 EDT 2009

aaron wrote:
> Earlier this month the Georgia Supreme Court handed down
> a decision in the VoterGA lawsuit challenging the
> constitutionality of Georgia's zero-evidence,
> unaccountable electronic voting systems.

I think the supreme court is probably right, actually.  While it's a
catch 22 for sure and not the most desirable outcome it's not wrong.  In
the case, like this one,  where the laws don't provide for a solution to
a catch 22 situation, the laws need to be changed or  enacted.

Rather than faulting a court for a bad judgment, we need to educate our
legislators and encourage them to  enact laws  favorable to a  system of
voting that will eliminate or reduce voter fraud.

Unfortunately mixed up in that debate seems to be bias issues that will
preclude any meaningful changes.  Anything that might seem to bias votes
in the direction of on or the other party will result in the other party
killing or rendering the law ineffective.   Neither party wants to
eliminate fraud because to do so would also restrain that party from
implementing fraud to sway an election.  Remember most of the
legislators got where they are, not by being straightforward and honest,
'cause that doesn't win elections.  Cheating, lying and fraudulent
behavior result in positive election results!.

JIm.