[ale] Need a "back door" for a remote system.

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Oct 15 15:28:56 EDT 2009

This reminds me of a friend who had his account disabled but
had a procmail file that launched an xterm if he sent himself
email with a certain subject line.

It occurs to me that you could launch a new ssh daemon on
port 22, specifying a special config file, without messing with
your "master" daemon or its config file.  If you use iptables and
the port 22 daemon's special configuration file so that it only
sees/accepts connections from a specific IP or two, it might even
be something you could leave running.

--
  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/