[ale] Mapathon?

david w. millians millia at panix.com
Wed Oct 14 11:30:49 EDT 2009

Grady Harris wrote:
> I should probably read the newspaper more. Wait a minute, I do read
> the newspaper. Why did I learn about this from BBC?

Because you didn't get the email from them with a FRICKIN' 12 MEG
ATTACHMENT.

I haven't had a chance yet to tell them that, hey, it's OKAY to send a
link to the 12 meg pdf file. In fact, it's polite. It might even be
beyond polite, especially to those of us with ridiculous 50/75 meg
quotas currently.

If I had to pick one big annoyance re: email it's people who have no
clue about file sizes being allowed to send attachments. I really don't
gripe about 'users' too often, but this is my one sore spot.

I mean, Gwinnett schools mail got taken down by repeated mailings of a 4
meg movie. This can really affect things...

Grumble,
David