[ale] Initial configuration.

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Oct 14 10:59:38 EDT 2009

Make sure you use an "exec" statement to launch the script - that makes
it exit the shell when they exit the script.   You'd also want to insure
you've disabled traps 1 2 and 3 in /etc/bashrc so they can't break out
by hitting Ctrl-C rapidly before script is launched by .bashrc.  You can
renable the traps in the .bashrc you restore at end of the script (or
restore an /etc/bashrc that doesn't have the disable in it at same
time).

Make sure your script addresses IP address, netmask, broadcast and
network for the ifcf-eth* file(s) they'll be updating.