[ale] there and back again (an HP laptop saga)

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Oct 13 17:56:25 EDT 2009

On Tue October 13 2009, Preston Boyington wrote:
> Oh, in Windows I hid the Restore partition from the system using the
> Drive Manager.  I plan on burning the Restore partition to a DVD in case
> the drive itself ever fails.  That way we can put the factory OS on the
> new hard drive.

I just something similar to my wifes ( Dell) laptop.. I was looking through
the Dell DOCS that said to go to :
start-dell-accessories restore OS
well, there was no dell-accessories group, but I was able to restore using
some magic command at the boot menu ( F8? F10?..)

but that is a good idea to burn the restore partition to a DVD.. I didn't do
that on my older XPS laptop that I set to dual-boot.. I know the restore
partition is still there..

thanks for the tip!

--
Paul Cartwright