[ale] MythTV InstallFest and Conference Saturday, October 10th, 2009 [OT]

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 14:02:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Preston Boyington
<preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott McBrien wrote:
>> Gah, sorry for the list spam, stupid iPhone!
>>

> it threw me when i read 'Preston' and didn't know the context of the
> conversation.
>
> if i guess correctly you have been corresponding with H P Ladds.  until
> now i didn't realize what the "P" stood for...
>
> i think for his benefit he might want to change his sig to read
> something like:
>
> H. Preston (NOT the sarcastic half wit) Ladds
Well that would be a lie.

Truly, I've been signing my stuff H. Preston for a couple of years now
-- just to avoid the confusion. Kind of humorously, people ask me what
the H. stands for and I reply Hondo -- because I think it sounds
tough, and is therefore an ironic joke as I stand about 5' 8" in
heals. But now I'm starting to be known as Hondo. This name never
would have stuck in my youth -- age must be making me ugly and
intimidating.