[ale] Multi-Channel Whole House Audio

Joshua Kite jwkite at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 13:35:21 EDT 2009

I have set up a single channel version of what you are trying to do using
MPD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_Player_Daemon) with a web-front
end.  My preferred front-end is pitchfork, but that appears to be a dead
project.  I believe you could run multiple instances of MPD.  And each
instance of MPD can connect to multiple sound cards.  MPD can also be set up
to stream via Icecast.

Please keep us updated on what you decide to do.  This is a very interesting
undertaking!

Josh Kite