[ale] installing Ubuntu on a Windows system

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 7 18:16:57 EDT 2009

I've used the Ubuntu resize feature on Vista/NTFS with no problems at all --
also on a 140GB drive. I DID defrag before proceeding to ensure maximum
resizability. If you have the means to recover, I'd give it a try.

<greg.freemyer at gmail.com>wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > I'll say it one more time.  Vista is a different NTFS variant.  The
> > > research I did indicated that you want to resize the Vista partition
> > > from Vista.
> >
> > OpenSUSE 11.1 (the latest released) will refuse to resize a Vista NTFS
> > partition.
> >
> > You have to resize from inside Vista first, so I agree with the above.

It's difficult to get a man to understand something if his salary depends on
him not understanding it.
 -- Upton Sinclair