[ale] Video Card?

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Oct 6 11:27:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-06 at 10:27 -0400, Craig Button wrote:
> Need a suggestion for a video card.  Non tech user who will be doing
> 80% photo editing and only about 10% games.  Patient is diabled and
> has fixed low income so price is primary concern, but ease of use.
> Using Ubuntu and Gimp.

If nothing is going to be used that requires 3D graphics, then pretty
much anything but SiS will do the trick.

If 3D graphics is desired, pick up an NVIDIA based card; they can be had
for not that much:

http://is.gd/40yne [newegg.com]

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo