[ale] Ubuntu Linux ROCKS! (The Saga of Miss W)

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon Oct 5 10:58:35 EDT 2009

Asher Vilensky wrote:
> Very cool story.  And I want to turn our Gateway laptop (Vista) into
> Ubuntu every day.  My only reservation is that there are still too
> many [wimp] websites that are built for IE only (my bank, insurance
> company, health-care provider, etc) - exactly those you need the
> most.  In order to make electronic deposits at my bank I have to
> switch from my Macbook to an XP VM (with a big screen, since the
> graphic is rigid).  Yikes.
>
> So, Linux gurus, is there a solution (or a workaround) for such sites?
>
> -- Asher
Wine and Crossover as others suggested.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with bank (RIP) a few years back.  I
couldn't even connect to them with Firefox.  I finally got to their web
guy and complained.  He said (no joke) "No one is using anything other
than IE to access our site, so there's no need to support other
browsers".  Doh.

Jim.