[ale] AT&T, own mail server, alternatives

Brian Stanaland brian at stanaland.org
Mon Oct 5 09:41:36 EDT 2009

I agree about Google Apps. We switched over to Apps when we got smart
phones. Thunderbird filters spam great on the desktop but our phones were
getting hammered. Apps filters mail before it gets sent to the phones. Of
course, our phone providers can filter spam now but we've gotten so used to
the rest of the applications it's not funny. We use it as a family Share
Point tool. We do a spreadsheet for bills, keep notes, do papers for school
and whatnot. But yeah, Google knows absolutely everything there is to know
about me.

Brian