[ale] Encrypted filesystem on netbook

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Nov 25 07:00:09 EST 2009

Jim Kinney wrote:
> It's always fun to create a crap-ton of files like:
>

> The bit I don't have is how to set up the USB so a brute force attempt
> will cause a secure wipe. Ideally this would use GPG internally to
> signal a buried wipe binary or a buried random bit flip rewriter.

This reminds me of a class I was in years ago taught by a fellow that
had lived in Russia during the cold war.  He told us that the Russians
were so paranoid about keeping data secret that they had a vast array of
procedures/tools to keep anyone from reading the data.  However anyone
could overwrite it at any time without doing anything special.  No
safeguards at all.

Well, I though it was amusing at the time.

Jim.