[ale] Disappointed in the recent climate research hack

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:19:42 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM, drifter <drifter at oppositelock.org> wrote:
> What Al Gore doesn't want you to know is that the earth (or at least the
> Northern Hemisphere) has been Warm before. Circa 1000 AD Eric the Red and
> his son, Lief, led hundreds of Norse settlers to the shores of Greenland.
> These were farmers.  They subsisted by growing wheat. One of those
> settlements, Godhavn, is more than 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle.
> By 1150 the climate began a shift to colder temperatures and by 1200 most
> of these settlements had been abandoned.  By 1350 all of Europe was caught
> in a "mini-ice age."
> I have been trying for several years to get an answer to an obvious
> question:
>
> Is it warm enough now to grow wheat at Godhavn?
>
> I have queried several scientists active in the "global warming" debate and
> none has been willing to respond.
>
> My point is that climate is a horribly complex subject and even the best
> scientists in the related fields have only a thin understanding of the vast
> number of variables involved.
>
> The question is not, "Is the earth's climate getting warmer?"  It is.
> The question is, "What all is causing it, and what percentage should be
> attributed to human activity." I would suggest that the answers to those
> questions are not as certain as some would have us believe. After all, we
> know that within the past 1000 years the earth has been at least this warm
> before and that warm spell can't realistically be attributed to human
> activity.
>
> Sean

Sean,

I've inquired of the sacred models and the answers are clear:

Circa 1000 the clouds around Greenland parted and there was food, but
it was a local event and thus the sacred models have nothing to say
about the future of growing wheat in Greenland.

As to the Little Ice Age, the sacred models clearly show this never
happened, so it has been agreed by all concerned to disregard this
legend from the past.

Greg