[ale] Disappointed in the recent climate research hack

drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Mon Nov 23 21:00:01 EST 2009

What Al Gore doesn't want you to know is that the earth (or at least the
Northern Hemisphere) has been Warm before. Circa 1000 AD Eric the Red and
his son, Lief, led hundreds of Norse settlers to the shores of Greenland.
These were farmers.  They subsisted by growing wheat. One of those
settlements, Godhavn, is more than 100 miles north of the Arctic Circle.
By 1150 the climate began a shift to colder temperatures and by 1200 most
of these settlements had been abandoned.  By 1350 all of Europe was caught
in a "mini-ice age."
I have been trying for several years to get an answer to an obvious
question:

Is it warm enough now to grow wheat at Godhavn?

I have queried several scientists active in the "global warming" debate and
none has been willing to respond.

My point is that climate is a horribly complex subject and even the best
scientists in the related fields have only a thin understanding of the vast
number of variables involved.

The question is not, "Is the earth's climate getting warmer?"  It is.
The question is, "What all is causing it, and what percentage should be
attributed to human activity." I would suggest that the answers to those
questions are not as certain as some would have us believe. After all, we
know that within the past 1000 years the earth has been at least this warm
before and that warm spell can't realistically be attributed to human
activity.

Sean