[ale] Keysigning party 19 Nov 2009

aaron aaron at pd.org
Wed Nov 18 02:26:14 EST 2009

On 2009, Nov, 17, , at 4:57 PM, Charles Shapiro wrote:

> This is actually a matter of agreement between us. Unless I hear
> otherwise, I'm saying 1 photo ID and 1 other ID with your name on
> it, even a library card or a utility bill. I think we trust each
> other enough not to go further than that.  So yeah, your NRA card
> is fine.
>
> -- CHS

That was what I understood this requirement to be as as well. The up
do date HowTo's on hosting a party suggested the two ID forms and I
think Michael suggested this in his original post as well.  Like
Charles says above, 1 photo ID (e.g. passport or driver's license,
student ID), and a second ID form with or without photo (e.g. insurance
card, charge card, utility bill, bank account document, etc.)  Ideally
the secondary document will have the same address as the photo ID (if
it has an address), but our intent is to be rigorous without being
obsessive about it.

BTW, our plan is to display the ID's to the whole room at once using
the document camera that is patched into the projector at the podium.
Materials like post-its and temporary tape will be provided so that
participants can block any portions of their ID documents beyond names,
addresses and photos that they don't want to (or shouldn't) share.

And thanks for the appreciations on the write ups.  The individual
steps of the process are all relatively simple, but nothing simple
is easy and there are important details to understand with some steps.
I didn't have a complete picture until Charles explained a couple of
points to me -- like the fact that your "~/.gnupg" key ring directory
is where absolutely everything that has to do with anything GnuPG
related is supposed to be stored (and is by default).  I now have
my actual ".gnupg" directory on USB key and have created a "~/.gnupg"
link in my home that points to it.

peace
aaron