[ale] Awful story...

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Nov 16 15:09:52 EST 2009

You're assuming recruiters for Insurance Sales have a job of looking for
experienced sales people.  They don't - they have a job of finding warm
bodies.  You posted a resume in a bad job market - they assume you'll be
open to other jobs than the one you posted.   Interestingly I saw an ad
on TV over the weekend a few times for "Bankers Insurance" sales.  They
must be getting desperate.

It's a bit like the old advertising for the military in want-ads.  They
would talk about all sorts of exciting things but until you realized
that the "ages 18-27" was always there you'd never know it was simply a
come on for your local military recruiter.